The Kirby Building, historically known as the Busch Building, is a 17-story skyscaper in the Main Street District of Downtown Dallas The structure was completed in 1913 by beer magnate Adolphus Busch to accompany his nearby, Hotel Adolphus. The building became vacant with many older buildings during the economic downturn of the 1980s. While the building was symbolic of downtown's crash in the 1980s, it also served as a symbol of the start of the resurrection, as it became the first high-rise to be converted from office use to residential apartments. The structure is a Dallas landmark and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Signage maintained this historic nature consisting of custom wood framing with inset oxidized brass panels, etched and infilled typography, and a cast bronze logo header.